Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dry Run!

      Alrightly then...the cots will not fit in the tent!  We did the dry run and set up the tent, set up the cots and even the regular size cot will not fit. The cots were about six inches too big for the tent, even though it is a four man tent.   Soooo we are now using a blow up mattress for sleeping...against my better judgement.  I can just envision it, I am in the Yukon and there is a small leak and by the time I lay my weary head down the mattress seems full, but by morning I am sleeping on the ground like a cold, moist, grub worm. I am glad we had the dry run, but still miffed about the blow up mattress.
        Every blow up mattress I have ever slept on has deflated at some point so the real question is when and where does this one deflate.  Doug seems confident, but I am unmoved.  We have everything we need for our adventure.  We are even going to try some new things like dehydrated soup and a brand new stove! The propane cook stove boils water in 2 minutes. That fact means coffee is ready in 2.5 minutes, very happy wife! The dehydrated soup relies on boiled water, too.  Honestly I have never really eaten dehydrated soup, most of the soups I have consumed are from scratch. So, this will add to the adventure...dehydrated soup, I am trying not to laugh.  
       Really all I care about are a hot cup of coffee in the morning, a glass of dry, red wine at night, and a bed that doesn't go flat! So, everyone look forward to the daily rant about the blow up mattress, to be or not to be...that sounds cliche, but it is a serious question.  Women without sleep are unpredictable...even in Alaska. 

1 comment:

  1. Tell my wonderful son--no not the air mattress. Wife on ground by morning will not be a happy camper. Get it. LOL. Oh that morning coffee a must.;) Dehydrated soup adds to the adventure.
    You guys what a trip that many of us only dream about.

    ReplyDelete