Monday, June 4, 2012

Canadian Speed Trap




     I have several pictures to post today!  I promised yesterday I would do this as soon as I have internet access.  We have arrived at Tok, Alaska.  It is beautiful and Doug said "I feel like I am home...,"  I of course politely remined him "home is in Nebraska...we are just visiting here." I think I am the confused person here...he is just going to buy land and we will send for the children after we get settled. 
     A Canadian traffic stop really got me today!  We only saw one patrol car the whole time we were in Canada....nearly 2800 miles of missing patrol cars...but as we crested a hill and saw a reduced speed sign, there was a patrol car sitting on the side of the road.  I was in fact about five kmph over the speed limit.  I slowly squeezed the brakes so it would not be to obvious that I knew I was exceeding the posted speed limit.  Good, the patrol car is not pulling out on the highway...very good!  Doug and I then brust our laughing as I passed the waiting patrol car...it was a very realistic life sized, plywood cut out of a patrol car and it was difficult to tell it was plywood until I was right up on the fake patrol car. Running out of internet time...so I will write two blogs tonight...with more pictures.  See blog number two today.

1 comment:

  1. Please move here, and please let me live in your basement.

    ReplyDelete