Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Rain...not on the vacation planner?

      Raining today.  I want to pout about it, but pouting will do no good.  This is the very first day we have stayed inside because of weather.  Rain did not make the top ten on the vacation planner, but it was bound to happen sooner or later.  It looks like the slow drizzle we have right now will be cleared up around campfire time.  I will be thrilled to hear the crackle and pop of a glowing campfire.
      We had soup for dinner tonight...dehydrated soup.  I am still impressed that one only needs to add water to this package and a delicious bowl of soup is ready in ten minutes.  This dehydrated soup makes me ask myself "why have I spend so much time making homemade soup?" Tonight's soup is creamy, broccoli, cheese. Strategically I used up the leftover rotisserie chicken to make the dehydrated soup even better.  A steaming bowl of cheesy, chicken, and broccoli soup put a smile on my face.
     I really cannot beleive it... I did not take a single picture today.  I did however look at a beautifully wooded five acre piece of ground.  I may come home from Alaska with a summer home (acreage) as a souvenir.  It has a metal building on it about 10 x 16...that counts as a temporary cabin.   I know Doug likes the land so...we will see. I also know everyone around here wants to be along the Kenai River, but I cannot quite afford $235, 000 for a river lot. I do mean lot, too...not even an acre.  River front is measured in feet around here and more feet equals more cash.  

1 comment:

  1. I love you and we have been following but I'm not a very good blogger

    ReplyDelete